CartonCloud allows you to change the allocated date of a Purchase Order. This is the date that stock was assigned to a Warehouse Location and therefore the date that the system uses to begin billing for storage in most scenarios.
Being able to change the allocated date is used to fix minor mistakes in the receiving process (for example the Purchase Order arrived on Friday and you could not process it until next Monday). However please note that changing allocated dates will affect storage changes and impact invoice calculation.
- At the Purchase Order verification stage, you can allocate some of the products and come back later to allocate the rest, so the allocated date is bound to the products and each product could have a different allocated date, on the Purchase Order view page you can find the allocated date range. Most of the time it is a single date.
- Click the Change button next to Date Allocated.
- A box will appear on the screen. Choose the new allocated date by clicking the text field in the modal box. The date selection range is restricted to present and past dates only. This is because:
Someone might create a new Sale Order from this Purchase Order on the same day, so you cannot allocate the Purchase Order to a future date.
There might be some Sale Orders already created from this Purchase Order in the past, so you can not allocate the Purchase Order to dates that are after when the Sale Order is packed.
If you have moved some Purchase Order Products to other warehouse locations in the past, the system would have depleted the original Purchase Order Products and created new ones for the new warehouse locations, hence you can not change the allocated date to be later than that date you moved the Products in the past.
- There is also the option displayed on the change date screen above, which defaults to only changing original Purchase Order products.
- This means that it will change all pallets and products that were created at the time of receiving the Purchase Order if stock is split (e.g. new pallets are split off and created), then they have a new allocated date as at the time the user-created them in the system. To change those pallets as well from the Purchase Order, unselect the box and then the Allocated Date will change for all other non-original pallets as well. i.e. all the stock that was created downstream from the originals as well, effectively updating everything on the Purchase Order to the new Allocated Date.
- When you click the Update button, it will update all the original Purchase Order Products (excluding the ones created by reallocation)
If necessary, storage charges will be recalculated automatically by the system.
Unable to change the Allocated Date of a Purchase Order
If you have received an error message like the below then you are attempting to backdate a Purchase order's allocated date over a storage period which has already been billed.
The system blocks this behaviour as usually the reason to backdate the allocated date of stock is to ensure you are charging storage for its entire stay in the warehouse.
To stop this error from appearing and successfully backdate the allocated date you will need to go to all invoices in the error message and roll them back to "draft" status by following the below steps.
- Click the link in the error message.
- On the invoice, select Edit.
- Select Invoice History status, then select Draft.
- Select Save and the invoice will be changed to "Draft" status.
- Once this process has been followed for every invoice in the error message you will then be able to backdate the allocated date. Ensure you followed all steps from the above Step-By-Step guide including recalculation.
- You may then wish to update those invoices to "Approved" status again.