What is a Manifest
A Manifest in CartonCloud is a grouping of Consignments for one customer on a single date that are moving together. This function was originally built for cross-docking with the idea that the Manifest can be used to check off the receipt of Consignments during a pickup.
Manifest Usecase Examples
Example 1 - Manifest pickup
In this example, the Customer has sent through a Manifest (via a parser) of all Consignments that need to be collected from their warehouse. Upon receiving the Manifest, CartonCloud automatically creates a Pickup Consignment (if configured in the Customer Settings). The Manifest Pickup Consignment can then be collected and brought back to the warehouse/depot to be sorted before being dispatched for delivery to the final destination.
Example 2 - Manifest pickup and deliver
In this example, the Customer has sent through a Manifest of all Consignments that need to be collected from their warehouse. The Manifest will be collected and then delivered in one movement.
Example 3 - Manifest is already at the warehouse
In this example, the Customer has sent through a Manifest of all Consignments that need to go out for delivery. The Consignments are already at the warehouse and do not need to be collected (for example, they have come from a Sale Order).
How to create a Manifest
There are two ways a Manifest can be created.
1. Through a Parser file
- Contact our Support Team to set up the Manifest parser.
- Once the Manifest Parser has been added, configure the Parser to the applicable Customer (follow the steps here).
- The Parser can then be imported by the Customer or yourself through the Parse a File page.
- The Manifest with all associated Consignments will now be in CartonCloud.
Downloading the Original Manifest File
When you import a Manifest via a Parser you have the option to download the Manifest from the View Manifest Page. To do so:
- Navigate to the Manifest page, Transport>Manifests.
- Select the applicable Manifest.
- Select the Details tab.
- Select the blue Download button next to the Download Original Manifest File heading.
2. When creating a new Consignment
Depending on what settings you have configured in your Organisation Settings will determine how you create a Manifest from a new Consignment.
To configure the Manifest settings:
- Navigate to Organisation Settings (More > Organisation Settings).
- Select the Transport tab.
- Within the Manifest Settings box select if you wish to Add Consignments to Manifests by Default by selecting Yes (Default) or No.
- If you select Yes, the Create New Manifest will already be selected by default when creating a new Consignment. If you select No, the No Manifest option will already be selected by default.
To create a Manifest from a new Consignment (when the setting Add Consignments to Manifests by Default is No):
- When creating a new Consignment, fill in the applicable information and then select the drop-down arrow next to Advanced Options (at the bottom of the screen).
- You can then choose to either Create a New Manifest or Add to Existing Manifest.
To create a Manifest from a new Consignment (when the setting Add Consignments to Manifests by Default is Yes):
- When creating a new Consignment, fill in the applicable information.
- At the bottom of the screen within the Manifest section, the Create a New Manifest option will already be selected by default.
- Type in the Manifest Reference.
- Alternatively, you can add the Consignment to one of the Customer's existing recent Manifests by selecting a Manifest from the displayed list under, Recent Manifests for Customer.
When the Manifest arrives at the warehouse
When a Manifest arrives at your warehouse you will need to manually update the status to In Warehouse.
To update the Manifest to In Warehouse:
- Navigate to the Manifests page (Transport > Manifests).
- Select the tick box next to the applicable Manifest.
- Select Update to In Warehouse.
Once you have updated the status of the Manifest to In Warehouse you can then sort the Manifest.
To sort the Manifest:
- Select View on the applicable Manifest in the Actions column on the Manifests page.
- Select Sort Arrivals.
- Check the box next to the Consignments you wish to confirm (the ones that have arrived). If not all Consignments arrived at the same time see How to split a Manifest.
- Select Confirmed.