What is an Accounting Connector?
CartonCloud can integrate with accounting software applications (in CartonCloud, called Accounting Connectors) to streamline your invoicing process. Once connected, you will be able to send invoices directly from CartonCloud to the accounting platform and have the payment status from the accounting platform automatically updated in CartonCloud.
How to set up an Accounting Connector
CartonCloud integrates with the following accounting software applications:
|How to set up the Accounting Connector|
|Xero||Integrate CartonCloud with Xero|
|MYOB Accounting Right Live||Integrate CartonCloud with MYOB (Account Right Live)|
Accounting Connector Settings
To navigate to the Customer Accounting Connector Settings:
- Navigate to the Customer pages, Contacts>Customers.
- Select the relevant customer.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Invoice tab and then the Accounting Connector tab.
- From here, you can edit and configure the Invoicing Connector Settings as you see fit. Because these are configured at the Customer level, they will only apply to that customer.
|Invoice Status||The status of the invoice when it is uploaded to the Accounting Platform.|
|Due Days Option|
The date the invoice is due to be paid.
Days after invoice: the number of days the invoice is issued is due for payment. The number needs to be specified below.
20th of the following month: invoice will be due for payment on the 20th of the next month.
End of the following month: invoice will be due for payment at the end of the next month.
|Invoice Reference for Accounting Connector||The reference that will populate on the invoice in the Accounting Connector platform. For more information, please click here.|
|Accounts||The relevant income codes from CartonCloud match up with the codes in the Accounting Connector software.|
Xero Specific Customer Settings
If you use Xero as your Accounting Connector, there is an additional customer-specific setting called Branding Theme. Branding Theme allows you to assign customers with a specific Xero branding theme as required (you can read more about this setting here: Xero Custom Invoice Quote Templates).
This will apply to both NEW templates created and CHANGING of templates for the customer.
The Reconciliation Report allows you to export a list of all Invoices and their corresponding Accounting Connector invoice number.
To access the Reconciliation Report:
- First, navigate to the Invoices page, More>Invoices.
- Select the More button and select the Accounting Connector Reconciliation Report you wish to export.
Consignment Line Items
Rather than sending single lines for "Charges for Freight", CartonCloud can send individual Consignments as line items.
Currently, Line-Item support is limited to Consignments. Sale Orders, Purchase Orders and Storage Periods are still sent through as totals.
To enable Consignment Line Items:
- Go to Organisation Settings. Click on the Invoice tab.
- In the "Invoice defaults" box, enable the "Send Consignments information as part of summary when uploading Invoice to Accounting Connector" setting.
Any invoice uploaded to the Accounting application will contain information from Invoice Totals.
Example comparison of how invoices will look:
|Line Items Disabled||Line Items Enabled|