When stock enters your Warehouse a Purchase Order must be created by a CartonCloud user to record that stock into the system. During this process, it is likely that you will want to record some custom information against the stock, such as a batch number, SSCC number, Production Date or Pallet ID.
The additional information you record against a product while creating a Purchase Order is what we call a "Purchase Order Product Custom Field". These custom fields can be named whatever you want. Purchase Order Product Custom Fields differ from Product Custom Fields, as the latter is extra information recorded against a product (for example, shoe sizes which can then be used as a filter when sending out an order), while the former is usually extra information to track that product (SSCC numbers on the shoe boxes).
Since Products belong to a single Customer, the Custom Field settings related to Products are located in the Edit Customer Settings page (this is an example of why it is sometimes better to duplicate an existing Customer and its settings rather than creating a new one).
If you wish to use these fields it is recommended you do so before bringing in any stock to the warehouse, as otherwise, that stock will be missing custom field data against it.
- To add a Purchase Order Product Custom field begin by selecting Contacts in the main menu followed by Customer
- Then open the Customer you wish to add a Purchase Order Product Custom field for. In this example, I am going to select the customer Coast Coffee Roasters
- On the View Customer page, click Edit at the bottom left of the page
- Now select the Warehouse Management tab, followed by the Purchase Order Products tab
As an example, the customer Coast Coffee Roasters is capturing the Roast Date for each Purchase Order Product, as well as the Batch number.
- Now that you are on the correct settings page, complete the fields as required using the per page support article on Purchase Order Products for further assistance if needed