CartonCloud can superimpose POD's onto customer consignment invoices which are then available to be downloaded or emailed with the POD.
Since customer invoices can all be different, you may want the POD to be overlaid in a different location on each invoice. Therefore, this feature is configurable for each customer in your CartonCloud account, allowing you to choose where the signature is placed based on their specific invoice layout.
How Superimposed Proof Of Delivery Works
- Once a Consignment is delivered, when the user clicks to download POD, if there is an associated Consignment Customer Invoice, the document is used for the signature overlay.
- Signature + additional information is superimposed on the Consignment Customer Invoice.
- Overlaid image + CartonCloud-generated POD are combined together into a single file and exported.
Example of Document with Superimposed POD
In this example, the Receiver Name, Date and Signature have been overlaid onto the scanned Invoice, in the desired position, automatically.
Enabling and configuring Superimposed Proof Of Deliveries
As invoices can be formatted differently, this feature is configurable for each of your customers inside CartonCloud
- Go to Contacts in the main menu > Customers > Select the customer you wish to configure this feature for.
- Once viewing the customer, select the Edit button towards the bottom left of the page.
- Click on Transport Management tab > Click on POD sub-tab.
- In the Proof of Delivery Output Mode section change the setting Select Proof of Delivery Output Mode to "Signature on Customer Invoice and POD Template"
- A new setting box will appear which controls the positioning of the signature overlay.
- To ensure the positioning is correct an example invoice will need to be selected, this can either be chosen from an existing Customer Consignment Invoice or by uploading a PDF file from your PC.
- Once an example PDF is selected it will display on the page inside the signature positioning tool.
- Use the signature positioning tool to configure how you would like the content to be overlaid on the invoice.
- Once completed, select Save at the bottom of the page. The system will now begin overlaying POD's on all future customer consignment invoices for that customer.
Signature Positioning Tool
The signature positioning tool supports the following.
|QR Code Placement||Dragging and dropping the red rectangles will place that component of the signature it in that location for all future documents using the overlay feature.|
|QR Code Resizing||Dragging from the bottom right corner of the red QR code square allows it to be resized as required.|
|Page Rotation||If the sample page has been uploaded in the wrong orientation, it can be rotated as required.|
|On Pages (Multiple Pages)||In the scenario where a Customer Consignment invoice is multiple pages, this allows the user to select which page/s the QR code will be overlaid on.|
|Rotation||Allows the signature component to be rotated (name and date/time cannot be rotated).|
|Show||Allows the user to select if the Name or Date/Time overlay should appear on the Consignment Invoice.|
|Text Align||Allows the user to select the alignment of the Name & Date Time overlays. For example, these overlays are being placed at the very right of a page, the user would want to select Right alignment, as then a particularly long name will not run over the end of the page.|
|Font Size||Allows the user to select the size of the text used in the Name Overlay & Date time overlay.|