The QR Code overlay feature makes it possible to superimpose a QR code on top of Consignment Customer Invoices. This feature can be used in conjunction with Driver Scan Allocation to allow transport operators to allocate work to a driver by simply scanning the QR code on the invoice.
Alternatively, the QR code can also be used to automatically match signed consignment notes, so the paperwork can be signed, bought back, and then automatically allocated to the correct Consignment. This is particularly useful when giving out deliveries to onforwarders who are not able to use the CartonCloud mobile app, but you still need to capture a POD for the delivery.
If you need extra assistance incorporating QR codes into your operation, please contact us through the support portal.
How QR Code Overlay Works
The QR Code overlay is performed when the Invoice file is assigned to the consignment. This step modifies the original file to include the QR code. This means that the original file (without the QR Code) no longer exists within CartonCloud.
If the QR Code needs to be moved, the settings will need to be modified and then a new file uploaded.
When the QR Code Overlay feature is enabled, it only affects new Consignment Customer Invoices. Previously existing Consignment Customer Invoices will not be affected.
The QR code is overlaid as the Consignment Customer Invoice is allocated to a Consignment within CartonCloud. The original (non-overlaid) file is then deleted.
This results in the following potential issues:
- If the position of the QR overlay gets changed, the previous overlay will still show on the invoice.
- If the user disables this feature, the Invoices already uploaded will have the QR code, so they will have to be re-uploaded.
Configuring QR Code Overlay for Invoices
As each customer may have their own Consignment Customer Invoice template the position of the QR code may need to be different for each customer.
- To begin, navigate to Contacts in the main menu > Customers in drop-down.
- Select the Customer you wish to configure QR Code overlaying for.
- Now on the View Customer page, select the Edit button at the bottom left of the page.
- Select the Transport Management tab > Defaults tab.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section, and locate the QR Code Overlay setting.
- Enable the setting Enable Overlaying of QR on Customer Invoice. This will occur on Invoice generation
- The system will now require you to select an Invoice which can be used as a guide for choosing the position of the overlay. Either an existing recent invoice already in the system can be selected, or a new PDF file can be uploaded.
- Once a sample invoice has been selected it will appear on the page inside the QR Code positioning tool.
- Use the QR Code positioning tool to place the QR code in the desired location of the document, with the desired size.
QR Code Positioning Tool
The QR Code positioning tool supports the following.
|QR Code Placement||Dragging and dropping the red QR code square will place it in that location for all future documents using the overlay feature.|
|QR Code Resizing||Dragging from the bottom right corner of the red QR code square allows it to be resized as required.|
|Page Rotation||If the sample page has been uploaded in the wrong orientation, it can be rotated as required.|
|On Pages||In the scenario where a Customer Consignment invoice is multiple pages, this allows the user to select which page/s the QR code will be overlaid on.|
|Rotation||Not required as QR codes are omnidirectional.|
Example QR Code Overlay