This feature allows customers to have their invoices generated automatically over a period of time. If this feature is enabled, CartonCloud checks for Consignments, Sale Orders, Purchase Orders and Storage Periods that match the rules specified by the customer and automatically generates invoices for them each day. This removes the need for CartonCloud customers to manually create invoices on a day-to-day basis
CartonCloud contains both "Default" settings which are applied to newly created customers, and customer-specific settings related to invoice generation.
Configuring the Default Settings
1) Go to Organisation Settings - Invoice
2) Update the default settings and click the save button:
For more information on how to change the 'Invoice Reply Email Content', please see Invoice Settings.
Customer-Specific Invoice Settings
1) Go to Contacts > Customers:
2) On the next page, select the customer whose Invoice settings need to be update. From the page that opens, click on 'Edit' on the bottom left corner of the page. Then click on 'Invoice' tab on the 'Edit Customer' page
3) Under the details tab, set the Invoice settings for the customer. There are the three options provided to 'Automatically Generate Invoice':
|a) No||Never Generate Invoice Automatically|
|b) Yes - Only at the end of Invoicing Period||Generates the Invoice at the end of the Invoice period, which is determined by 'Next Invoice Date' and 'Repeat Interval'|
|c) Yes - Continuously build during the Invoice period (Leeching Invoice)||Generate Invoice by adding consignments to Invoice, from the start of Invoice period until its end. The advantage of this option is that if a customer has a lot of consignments that need to be Invoiced, and those consignments potentially have Charge Errors, the customer can fix those errors during the Invoicing period rather than having to fix them all at the end of the Invoicing period. See: Leeching Invoices for more information.|
4) After making the changes click 'Save' in the bottom right corner of the page.