Addresses are shared between both the Transport system and the Warehouse system. Due to the high level of import automation that is provided by CartonCloud's Parsers, maintaining a clean, concise address book is critical to ensuring your efficient use of the system.
Table Of Contents:
This video explains how Addresses and Address Strings work and how CartonCloud has a fantastic way of ensuring you keep a hold on addresses, making it easy for you and your customers.
Address Strings act as "aliases" for addresses within the system. They're used when data is imported from a manifest or other automatically 'parsed' file to automatically link the alias to the actual address. For example
You have a customer with a very basic Manifest, and all they provide is the Store Name, and Suburb. For example:
We only know that the store name is Carlo's IGA, and the Suburb is Birrong, we have no street address, postcode or state. Internally, the first time this text is seen, CartonCloud produces a new Address String from this text, which would be: "Carlo's IGA, Birrong". This Address String then needs to be 'allocated' to an Address record, telling the system that whenever it sees the text: "Carlo's IGA, Birrong", it should use the full address "Carlo's IGA, 85 Auburn Road, Birrong, NSW, 2143".
Clicking onto the number will immediately take you to the first Unallocated Address String you need to work on.
- Allocate to Address
- Add a new Address
Allocate to Address →
Choose option for this address →
Add a new Address →
Geocoding simply means, the process of transforming a postal address into GPS coordinate, so you can see where it is on a map. Ensuring you keep all your addresses geocoded provides the following advantages:
- Addresses will appear on all maps within the system
- You can allocate work using maps, dragging and selecting jobs on the map to allocate to a driver.
- Drivers work can be optimized with Geocoded addresses
- The location can be 'navigated' to on the app using Google or Apple maps.
Send Proof Of Deliveries (PODs) to a Receiver
Addresses can be given email addresses, allowing CartonCloud to automatically email Proof Of Delivery files directly to the Receiving Store when the delivery is made.
To add an email address to an address, simply Edit the Address, and enter in the Email Address
You can 'Star' Addresses, preventing them from being merged into other addresses or deleted from the system.
This is especially useful if you've spent time creating A2A, A2DR or A2RZ mappings, or manually geocoded the address to a specific location (ie: a loading dock) and want to ensure that the address is never accidentally merged away (ie: it gets merged into another address so only the other address exists afterward).
You can star an address by clicking the star icon when viewing the address:
Once Starred, it'll appear Golden.
This address can no longer be removed, and it'll also prioritize this address to be the master when performing bulk merges.
- Address Approval: Tight control over your Address Book.
- Address Export/Import - adding new addresses and updating existing
- Updating and Deactivating Addresses
- Special Instructions and Driver Delivery Instructions
- Address to Delivery Run Mapping (A2DR)
- Address to Rate Zone Mapping (A2RZ)
- Bulk Import Addresses Run-Ordering
- Configure Customer-Specific 'Pickup / Sender' Addresses for Ex-Warehouse Consignments
- Delivery Address to Onforwarder Address Mapping (A2A)
- How to Merge Addresses in Bulk
- Merging Addresses
- Onforwarder Addresses