Email Setup for Incoming Email (ie: Manifests, Purchase Orders, Sale Orders, Invoices).
2 options: the emails to be sent to an @in.cartoncloud.com.au domain, or do they want to use their own domain e.g. xyzlogistics.com.au
- If they want to use their own domain, ie: email@example.com, then they'll need to contact their IT department and have them setup an auto-forward keeping the original senders details intact. firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will also need to add the email domain under Organisation Settings → Email → Receive incoming mail addressed to domain (xyzlogistics.com.au)
- Now files can be sent to the email of xyzlogistics.com.au and they will forward to the CartonCloud email address in the background and be imported using the relevant Parsers
- Remember when configuring a parser → the To: address for the parser is the place where the customer is emailing, i.e. email@example.com not the Cartoncloud email where it is being forwarded to later.
For using the @in.cartoncloud.com.au domain; the configuration for emails needs to be anything then a + symbol then the name of the tenancy in CartonCloud, i.e the name top left of the screen then the cartoncloud domain. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Now customers can email files to that address and if setup on Parsers the files will be imported using the parser.
We recommend creating the following email addresses:Local Email AddressForward to Email Address
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modify the existing parsers in the system to have the correct "to" address, as per previous line.
Email Account which Catches all outgoing emails:
When emails are going out of CartonCloud (to tenants-customers, for things like Invoices, Proof Of Delivery Notifications etc), the tenant themselves has no record of those emails, or no where they can go to see them. For this reason an email address can be setup to receive a copy of all outgoing email (via BCC). Normally a gmail account should be used for this, it's easy to just setup something like: email@example.com. Staff from xyzlogistics can then login and search/see the emails.
Email Account which gets sent a copy of all incoming email:
If the tenant is using the @in.cartoncloud.com.au domain, then they have no way of seeing all incoming email. For this reason incoming emails can be forwarded to another email account, normally gmail as per above. Note: only emails that CartonCloud can correctly identify are for the tenant will be forwarded.
If the tenant is forwarding from their own domain, ie: firstname.lastname@example.org → email@example.com, then it's recommended they simply handle the forwarding within their own mail server to send it onto some other gmail account (thereby forwarding to two different email addresses).