Through optional settings in the CartonCloud web app, the CartonCloud iOS app can be configured to enforce a strict picking and packing processprocess for packing and putaway.
Table of Contents
To enable strict processes, navigate to Organisation Settings within the CartonCloud web app.
Within the Warehouse tab a number of settings related to strict processes can be found, separated by affected process within the mobile app - either Picking (Sale Orders) or Packing (Purchase Orders).
- Prevent Sale Orders from being finished if products exist that have not been packed yet: Stops packers from being able to "finish packing" a Sale Order that has some products whose expected quantities haven't been confirmed packed yet. By default, this is allowed and will automatically set all products of the Sale Order to the expected packed quantity, even if they have not yet been confirmed in the app.
- Enforce Strict Process: Packers will be required to first scan a location, then a product to confirm its quantity. They can not simply select a product from the Sale Order's product list and confirm its quantity.
- Prevent Purchase Orders from being verified if unconfirmed quantities exist: Stops warehouse staff from being able to verify a purchase order with unconfirmed product quantities. By default, this is possible and automatically confirms the product quantities with their current values, even if that means confirming a product with quantity 0.
- Enforce Strict Process: Warehouse staff will be required to first scan a product, then proceed with either verifying or allocating the scanned product. In the case of allocation, this requires either a location scan or a manual location search. In the case of verifying, the product quantity needs to be confirmed.
The web app settings mentioned above cannot be modified from within the mobile app, meaning Packers cannot adjust whether or not to follow a strict process.
Mobile App Behaviour
Should any of the strict settings have been applied, the mobile app user will be informed about the steps to successfully pack or confirm a product (see example screenshots below).
The following processes are the ones being enforced should the corresponding strict setting have been activated:
Scan Picking (Sale Orders)
- 1. Scan Location
- 2. Scan Product
Scan Putaway (Purchase Orders)
- 1. Scan Product
- 2. Confirm Product Quantities (may happen automatically if only one product matches scanned product barcode)
- 1. Scan Product
- 2. Scan Location (or use Manual Location Entry)
|Purchase Order Allocate||Purchase Order Verify||Sale Order Pack||Sale Order Pack - After Location Scan|