Suppliers are like Customers but used for Bills rather than Invoices. Suppliers are typically contractors you have working for you who you pay, or freight companies and Onforwarders you use.
Table of contents:
|Table of Contents|
Suppliers themselves are neither Drivers nor Carriers, they're simply an intermediate layer which can connect multiple Drivers and/or Carriers to specific Customer Charges.
Suppliers need to be linked to Drivers and/or Carriers, allowing CartonCloud to build bills for Consignment that those Drivers/Carriers have delivered.
The following diagram provides 3 examples of the ways Suppliers can be connected:
- You have a driver working for you as a contractor who charges the same rates always
- You have a driver working for you as a contract who charges different rates depending on which customer he is delivering
- You have multiple drivers working for you but they are part of one subcontracted company, and you pay a single bill for all of their work
- You pay the Warehouse Provider for storing / pick pack, and they charge you the same rate for all of your clients
- You pay the Warehouse Provider for storing / pick pack, and they charge you different rates for each of your clients
- You need to construct individual bills per-customer within a single warehouse.