Looking for the questions? Webinar 2.5 - Charging and Invoices
- Duplicate the "2019 rates" Customer Charges / Rate Cards to a new Customer Charge called "Fargo's Foods", adjust whichever rates need adjusting within the "Fargo's Foods" customer charge, and lastly (and very importantly!), link the Fargo's Food Customer to the Fargo's Food Customer Charge (otherwise they'll continue to use the 2019 rates).
- Charge Errors are created whenever CartonCloud fails to find a rate for something (ie: no rates loaded for a particular Rate Zone, or unable to determine Rate Zone for the Consignment), or that the calculated rate was less than $1.00 and the rate card didn't have "Allow Zero Charge" enabled. How to resolve the charge error depends on what the error is, so we've put together a guide here: How to resolve Consignment Charge Errors
- Storage Periods are defined by the number of days you want to charge storage. Normally this is 7 days, meaning that all storage charges apply for storing the product for one week. This number can be modified within the Customer Charges (see: Customer Charges Fields & Descriptions). Normally storage periods will align with your Invoicing Period meaning that the storage period starts and ends at the same time as your invoices. However, this can be modified if required.
- Set Storage Charge Days to 1, then load all rates as day rates.
- Cumulative. See: Sliding Scale Rates
- No, CartonCloud calculates storage charges based on the start and end dates of "Storage Periods". If you charge storage daily, then you would have one storage period created each day. With weekly invoicing, each invoice would then contain multiple storage periods. It's also possible to have both the Storage Period and Invoice Period on the same time period (ie: 7 days), but running across different date ranges (ie: 00:00 Monday → 23:59 Sunday for the invoice, and 00:00 Sunday → 23:59 Saturday for the storage period). If this occurs, you can correct it by either adjusting one of the Storage Periods end date, or adjusting the "next invoice date" within the customer settings.Transport Charging
- Within the Customer Charges there's a field called: "Consignment Invoice Level". Set this field to "Invoice regardless of delivery status".
- As CartonCloud will flag any rate calculated at under $1.00 as a charge error, having CartonCloud automate invoicing for free jobs (such as warehouse pickups), requires a rate to be loaded which calculates at $0. To prevent this being flagged as a charge error, "Allow Zero Charge" needs to be turned on for the Rate Card so CartonCloud knows that charging less than $1.00 is OK.
- No, CartonCloud is not an accounting system, but instead talks to existing accounting applications. CartonCloud is used to calculate rates / pricing, and then sends this information to the accounting system where a Tax Invoice is generated.
- When emailing an invoice to a customer, CartonCloud will attach the PDF invoice from Xero/MYOB and also the invoice summary excel sheet which the customer can use to review individual charges.
- No. If an invoice is created and encounters a charge error, it will not upload to your account platform and it will not email to your customer. CartonCloud ensures that all charge errors are resolved before you can upload / email.
Accounting Connection (Xero / MYOB)
- Configure CartonCloud to Upload "Draft" Invoices into Xero only (not approved), you can then manually approve them in Xero and use the "Pull from Xero" button to pull down the updated PDF from Xero before emailing to client.