Looking for the questions? Webinar 2.4 - Automated Data Entry
- Parsers are file-readers for importing data from clients automatically. Each parser is designed to read data from a particular file / format. Parsers generally accept data via either Email or FTP, but can also be used via File Upload to import jobs (Sale Orders, Purchase Orders, Consignments etc).
- Contact CartonCloud and we can build a "Parser" for you to automate the data entry.
- By default, the CSV Sale Order Template parser is not connected to new customers, you need to connect the parser to the customer. See: Configuring Parsers for Customers
- Wildcard email addresses allow you to configure anything at a particular domain to work with a given parser. Rather than needing to setup each individual email sender (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org etc), you can simply add a wildcard email address: *@bigfood.com which will allow anyone with a @bigfood.com email domain to send files into the parser.
- Running wildcards for common email providers will cause issues as then anyone with a hotmail, gmail or bigpond account who emails files to CartonCloud will be detected as the same customer. It's highly likely to have multiple customers who all use Gmail accounts, for example: email@example.com and also firstname.lastname@example.org. Creating a *@gmail.com email address inside Bigfood's account would cause mail sent from email@example.com to be incorrectly detected as mail from Bigfood, instead you should always use specific email addresses (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org) when dealing with common email domains.
- Parser To Email Addresses must be in the following format: email@example.com, ie: sale_orders+Ice_Road_Truckers@in.cartoncloud.com.au
- Use the Admin Notification Emails to set up an email address to receive "Sale Order Successfully Imported" and "Sale Order Approved (by Customer)".