The Move Cart allows you to scan or manually enter a warehouse location barcode and select specific stock within that location to be moved (as opposed to moving all stock within the location). You can also scan or manually enter a Purchase Order Product (POP) barcode and move only a select quantity of that product (rather than the entire POP record).
The Move Cart is designed in a way that allows you to collect stock as you go, moving from location to location in the warehouse. You can then either scan the entire cart or part of it into a single destination location, or multiple destination locations.
- Replenishing pick face locations.
- Consolidating warehouse locations to make room for new stock.
- Putting away unassigned stock.
- Ability to move multiple products from multiple different locations in one movement.
- Ability to split product quantities and move only partial quantities.
- Ability to print product labels after moving the stock.
- You will need to be using a Mobile device (either a Mobile Phone (iOS or Android) or a Mobile Computer) to access Scan Move.
- Enable Scan Move 2.0 in the CartonCloud mobile application settings.
- If you are using a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner, ensure it is connected and working correctly. See Connect a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner for more information.
How to use the Move Cart
There are two ways you can utilise the Move Cart, either by using a barcode scanner or manually using the device's keyboard.
The below outlines the four stages that need to be followed when using the Move Cart:
1. Enable the Move Cart
- Once on the Scan Move screen, enable the Move Cart by sliding the Use Move Cart toggle.
2. Add stock to the Move Cart
- Scan or manually enter the Product Code, Purchase Order Product (POP), Location Barcode or Unit of Measure (UOM) Barcode into the Scan POP/Location Barcode field at the top of the application.
- You will now be able to view all stock associated with that barcode and individually select the POPID's you wish to either move or add to the Move Cart.
- To select stock either scan the POPID or select the tick circle next to the POPID.
Scanning a location barcode:
Scanning a POPID barcode
- To adjust the quantity of stock to be moved, select the box containing the POP's quantity.
- Enter the quantity of stock you wish to move and then select Add to Move Cart. Or, you can scan the Unit of Measure barcode to select the quantity you wish to add to the Move Cart.
Scanning the Unit of Measure barcode to select the quantity:
- If you scan the location again or unselect the POPID you will see the quantity that has been added to the Move Cart.
- For the selected stock that you have not changed the quantity of, click the Add to Move Cart icon to add stock to the Move Cart.
- The stock will now be in the Move Cart and can be viewed by selecting the Move Cart icon in the top right.
To continue adding stock to the Move Cart:
- Scan/enter a new location or Purchase Order Product barcode in the Scan Location or Purchase Order Product field at the top of the application.
- Repeat the above process and select the stock you wish to add to the Move Cart.
3. Complete the move
- Select the Move Cart icon.
- From here, you can view all stock currently in the Move Cart and select the stock you wish to move.
- You can either select all stock in the cart at once (by clicking the Select All button) or individually select the stock (by selecting the circle next to the POPID).
- Once the stock is selected, scan/enter the new location barcode in the Scan New Location Barcode field and select Move or scan the new location barcode a second time to complete the move.
- You will receive a success message once the stock has been moved.
4.Print POP labels (optional)
Printing a POP label when completing the move
- After successfully moving Purchase Order Products, you will have the option to print the POPID labels.
- If you are moving a part quantity of a POPID the Requires New Label icon will be displayed next to the POP and by default, it will be selected. To unselect, simply click the orange tick circle.
- If you are moving a full quantity POPID and would like to print a new label, select the orange circle next to the relevant POPID.
- To edit the number of labels printed, select the blue box next to the relevant POP and type in the number of labels you wish to print.
- Select Print.
Re-printing POP Labels
If you forget to print the POP label when completing the move or the label is damaged you are able to re-print the label.
To re-print the POP label:
- Scan the location in which the Purchase Order Product that you want to re-print the label for is located in.
- Select the relevant Purchase Order Product.
- Select the Print Lable button at the top of the screen.
Move Cart - Split Quantity
The below video steps through how to use the Move Cart to split a product quantity and then print a new label.
Move Cart - Multiple Items
The below video steps through how to use the Move Cart when you need to add multiple items from different locations and move them to numerous different locations.
Move Cart History
Please note, Move Cart history is specific to the device being used. Even if the moves are completed within the same warehouse they will only show on the devices that the move was performed on.
Scan Move history will show the past 30 days of movements (specific to that device).
To access the Move Cart history:
- Select the Move Cart icon in the top right corner.
- Select the clock icon in the left-hand corner.
- From this screen, you will be able to view all successful and unsuccessful Scan Move attempts.
When an item fails to move an orange clock icon will appear against the POP in the Move Cart. By clicking on the icon you will receive a message as to why the move failed.