See this job on Seek
An exciting opportunity currently exists to join our awesome team for a talented PHP/React developer; a chance for you to apply your technical knowledge to real-world business challenges.
Our web (PHP, Java, React) and mobile (Android, iOS) based warehousing and distribution solutions offer our customers incredibly simple solutions, but the software itself is rich and complex and has plenty for you to sink your teeth into.
Small business keeps the world turning – it’s the lifeblood of the global economy. Here at CartonCloud, we are all about people and making life easier for our customers. We focus on streamlining and automating the complexities of the logistics industry to make it easier for small and medium businesses to grow to their full potential. With us, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the fortunes of hundreds of businesses, and more importantly the lives of thousands of people.
The successful candidate will have a desire to not only implement new features and improvements to the existing software, but to work with the support and operations team on understanding customer roadblocks and requirements to ensure they become successful users of the system. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our existing PHP & React team on both the back end and front end development of our large, ERP-style Transport and Warehouse Management System.
- Collaborating with our CTO, developers and product management team to improve the user experience delivered by our web app, using PHP, React and related frameworks.
- Liaising with our operations and support team to identify client requirements and assisting with trouble-shooting.
- Developing and improving public documentation of the software’s functionality and features, as well as internal documentation around processes and applied technology
- Taking part in daily stand-ups and regular team-wide meetings to discuss current and upcoming tasks.
- Reporting to the team and stakeholders on progress, timelines and road blocks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Mid-level / Senior-level PHP and React development experience
- Strong desire to build visually compelling and user-friendly UI & UX.
- Ideally some experience in Redux.
- Experience with REST APIs and optimizing web app performance.
- Strong communication skills with good written & spoken English.
- Desire and ability to learn, understand and explain the technology behind CartonCloud.
- Self-motivation with an agile mindset (Jira, Sprints, Scrums).
You are a creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You also possess the ability to work independently under minimal supervision effectively. You will need to take ownership, accountability and initiative to be successful in the role.
Most of all though, we are looking for someone who is driven, adaptable and willing to learn. We ask that you enjoy your work, add value and, just as importantly, stay humble.
Our whole team is currently working remotely and consequently, all of our hiring is also taking place remotely (interviews via video calls etc.) for the time being.
The other stuff
It’s a permanent position working on a complex software engineering project, with a competitive salary plus super based on experience.
We will support your desire for continual learning and training to help you flourish. We are always open to new ideas, processes and technologies and value everybody’s input. Moreover, we have been growing rapidly over the last few years and have no intention of slowing down, so there will be loads of opportunities, both domestically and internationally.
This is a role which can either be performed remotely (with regular on-site catch-ups with the rest of the team) or at our Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia head office.
Note: Due to Covid-19 our whole team is currently working remotely with our office closed.
How to apply
To apply for any role with us, please email your Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org