An exciting opportunity currently exists to join our awesome team for a talented PHP developer; a chance for you to apply your technical knowledge to real-world business challenges.
Our web (PHP, Java, React) and mobile (Android, iOS) based warehousing and distribution solutions offer our customers incredibly simple solutions, but the software itself is rich and complex and has plenty for you to sink your teeth into.
View and apply for this role on Seek.
Small business keeps the world turning – it's the lifeblood of the global economy. Here at CartonCloud, we are all about people and making life easier for our customers. We focus on streamlining and automating the complexities of the logistics industry to make it easier for small and medium businesses to grow to their full potential. With us, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the fortunes of hundreds of businesses, and more importantly the lives of thousands of people.
The successful candidate will have a desire to not only implement new features and improvements to the existing software, but to work with the support and operations team on understanding customer roadblocks and requirements to ensure they become successful users of the system. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Run Team on both the back end and front end development of our large, ERP-style Transport and Warehouse Management System
- Collaborating with our CEO, CTO, developers and product management team to improve the user experience delivered by our web app, using PHP, React, Java and related frameworks
- Liaising with our operations and support team to identify client requirements and assisting with trouble-shooting
- Developing and improving public documentation of the software’s functionality and features, as well as internal documentation around processes and applied technology
- Taking part in daily stand-ups and regular team-wide meetings to discuss current and upcoming tasks
- Reporting to the team and stakeholders on progress, timelines and road blocks
The ideal candidate will have:
- Several years commercial PHP development experience working on larger applications
- AWS infrastructure experience + experience in CI/CD
- Experience with REST APIs and optimizing web app performance
- Strong communication skills with good written & spoken English
- Desire and ability to learn, understand and explain the technology behind CartonCloud
- Self-motivation with an agile mindset (JIRA, Sprints, Scrums)
You are a creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You also possess the ability to work independently under minimal supervision effectively. You will need to take ownership, accountability and initiative to be successful in the role.
Most of all though, we are looking for someone who is driven, adaptable and willing to learn. We ask that you enjoy your work, add value and, just as importantly, stay humble.
The other stuff
It’s a permanent position working on a complex software engineering project, with a competitive salary plus super based on experience.
We will support your desire for continual learning and training to help you flourish. We are always open to new ideas, processes and technologies and value everybody’s input. Moreover, we have been growing rapidly over the last few years and have no intention of slowing down, so there will be loads of opportunities, both domestically and internationally.
This is a role which can either be performed remotely or at our Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia head office.