Within the CartonCloud mobile apps, consignments are presented in a list view to allow an overview of outstanding jobs and the option of selecting consignments for further actions (e.g. to see more details or collect a POD).
Each incomplete consignment is represented in the list view as either an individual row of data or as part of a group of consignments. Groups of consignments are created automatically based on a consignment's address.
The information displayed includes:
Type of Consignment: Please see "Consignment Types and Labels" below for more information. This label also acts as a lock/unlock button should you wish to lock a consignment into its current position before optimizing a route (see "Locking Consignment Positions" below).
- Consignment Address: This is either the delivery, pickup or onforwarder address, depending on the type of consignment (or the stage of the consignment if it is a Point to Point consignment). Both the company name and the suburb details will be given (if available). For Point to Point consignment that had their pickup completed and are awaiting delivery, this will be reflected here as well, e.g. "Big W, MOOREBANK (1/2)"
- Customer Name
- Consignment Date
- Consignment Id and Reference
- Custom Fields: Based on the tenant settings, information about for example the number of Cartons or Pallets included in the consignment will be displayed here, using the custom field's short name - e.g. CTN for Cartons.
The information displayed includes:
- Consignment Address: This is either the delivery, pickup or onforwarder address, depending on the type of consignment (or the stage of the consignment if it is a Point to Point consignment). Both the company name and the suburb details will be given (if available).
- Consignment Date
- Custom Fields: Based on the tenant settings, information about for example the number of Cartons or Pallets included in the grouped consignment will be displayed here, using the custom field's short name - e.g. CTN for Cartons. The values shown here represent the total number per custom field for all the consignments in the group.
- Consignment Counter: This button displays the number of consignments grouped together and will open a more detailed summary of all the individual consignments when tapped.
After tapping the Consignment Counter Button on a Grouped Consignment row, additional rows will open up, showing the consignments contained within the group. The details included in these rows are the same as for individual consignments (see above, "Individual Consignment").
Consignment Types and Labels
Based on the type of the consignment, each row in the list view displays a Consignment Type label illustrating the type of consignment you're dealing with (and which stage if it is a Point to Point consignment).
The following table illustrates all possible options of Consignment Types and Labels.
|Point to Point (Pickup Stage)|
|Point to Point (Delivery Stage)|
Cash On Delivery and Consignment Groups
Information about whether a consignment requires Cash On Delivery or is a Group is shown on top of or below the Consignment Type label.
Row Selection / Consignment Detail View
On selecting a row in the list view, you will be forwarded to the Consignment Detail View which presents you with more information about the consignment. In the case of grouped consignments, tapping on the group's main row (the one containing the counter button) will again forward you to the Consignment Detail View. This time though the details of all the consignments contained within the group will be displayed, one after another, the same way they would be presented if you grouped consignments manually through the "Group Consignments" menu option.
Record POD Shortcut
In addition to being able to select the consignment rows to proceed to the consignment detail view, the consignment list view also allows you to proceed directly to recording a POD.
This can be achieved by swiping right on the consignment row.
The shortcut to the Record POD view is available for grouped consignments as well. As with individual consignments simply swipe right on the group's row. Doing this will combine all consignments in the group and allow you to collect a single POD for all of them.
Please note, that under certain circumstances a grouped POD will not be possible, e.g. when combining consignments of varying types or when combining Point to Point consignments. An appropriate warning will be given if this applies.
On an open group of consignments, individual consignments do also have the POD shortcut available, should you want to record a POD for only one of them or if grouped PODs are not available.
Consignment ordering allows users to sort their jobs according to their preference without the sort order getting lost on refreshing their jobs from the server.
Each consignment row can be dragged and dropped. Just select the consignment you want to move around and drag it into your preferred position before dropping it there. Now, even on refreshing consignments from the server, the sort order of the job list will be preserved.
Please note that on starting a drag & drop action, all open grouped consignments will be automatically closed. Moreover, individual consignments within a group cannot be moved from their position.
Locking Consignment Positions
Should you want to lock a consignment into a certain position before optimizing a route, tap the Consignment Type label on the left of the consignment info in the relevant row of the list view to activate a lock for the consignment.
Locks can also be applied to grouped consignment, by tapping the empty space to the left of the consignment info (where a Consignment Type label is positioned for individual consignments). In this case, all the individual consignments within the group will be locked into their current position.
To remove a lock, simply tap the label again.
Please check out the article on optimizing routes for more information on how locking a consignment into place affects route optimization: How to Optimize a Route
Searching For Consignments
For more info on how the consignment search works, check out this article: List View Search
For more info on how consignment grouping works, check out this article: Consignment Grouping via Mobile
Sorting / Filtering Consignments
For more info on how to filter & sort consignments, check out this article: Consignment Sorting And Filtering