Looking for a fun, challenging career on the Gold Coast? We're always on the lookout for more people to join our team. Check out our available roles below, or get in contact if you think you have what it takes to work here.
Why work with us?
CartonCloud is rapidly expanding due to achieving year-on-year growth in excess of 100%.
What you can expect from us
A quiet, but intense and challenging environment. Our CEO and staff work incredibly hard, and incredibly quickly. The team leads here are 10xr's and we're not willing to compromise on anything less from the staff they manage.
We have sizeable equity options with key staff members to further engagement and ensure they have some skin in the game. However, these are only discussed after we've been able to determine someones aptitude and ability to accept responsibility (responsibility ownership is a key metric here).
We offer competitive salaries and are based in the Gold Coast and have nice offices based in Burleigh Heads.
We're growing really quickly. The company you join today will be very different from the company in 6 months time (just ask any staff member who was here 6 months ago).
We encourage people to talk about, and laugh about their mistakes. We have cookie jar that names go in if you make a mistake that's deemed worthy - then on Friday we draw out one lucky winner. Most of the time it's the CEO who gets drawn as he makes more mistakes than anyone else.
Overall, it's a tough gig, but we all have fun putting in the work. We laugh about the mistakes, post a constant stream of memes on our slack channels, eat lunch together and do things on Fridays like head down to the beach and play Volleyball, put on an afternoon BBQ, bring in a Masseuse or sit down in the downstairs den and watch the Silicon Valley TV show together over a beer. Obviously we don't play volleyball every week, but we try to get out to celebrate the milestones.
Not on the Gold Coast? Consider relocating!
- Beaches, rainforest and sunshine all year round
- Affordable property market and lower cost of living than the major cities
- Family-friendly environment with high-class schools and universities
- Endless choice of outdoor activities
What kit will I get when I join?
- Macbook Pro 13, 15 or a comparable Windows laptop if you prefer (ie: HP Spectre, Dell XPS 13 etc), carry case, additional charger etc.
- Another 2 x 27" UHD monitors (we're all rocking the 3-screen setup).
- Steelseries 9H headset
- Very comfortable chair
What software do we use?
Our software architecture is documented publicly here: Software Architecture
All devs use:
- Git / GitHub
- JIRA / Confluence
PHP Devs stack / software applications:
- PHPStorm or IntelliJ
- LAMP - Linux (via Vagrant), PHP7.2, MYSQL, Apache
- CakePHP 2.X as our underlying framework
- React w/ Reflux
- PHP Unit
iOS Devs stack / software applications:
Android Devs stack / software applications:
- Android Studio
How to apply for a role with us
To apply for any role with us, please email your Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
QA Tester (IT)
See this job on Seek
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a talented QA Tester to join our awesome team and to apply your technical knowledge to real-world business challenges.
Our web (PHP, Java, React) and mobile (Android, iOS) based warehousing and distribution solutions offer our customers incredibly simple solutions, but the software itself is rich and complex and has plenty for you to sink your teeth into.
Small business keeps the world turning – it’s the lifeblood of the global economy. Here at CartonCloud, we are all about people and making life easier for our customers. We focus on streamlining and automating the complexities of the logistics industry to make it easier for small and medium businesses to grow to their full potential. With us, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the fortunes of hundreds of businesses, and more importantly the lives of thousands of people.
The successful candidate will have prior exposure to large, complex web applications, having worked with development teams to ensure releases are up to scratch through manual regression testing & testing of new functionality, as well as collaborating with the support and operations team to gain insight into users’ interaction with the system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execution of manual, regression, functional and non-functional test cases for both our web and mobile applications.
- Contribute to writing/updating test cases based on analysis of functional & technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the developers & product management team to improve the user experience.
- Proactively identify and advise risks and issues to the product team
- Develop and improve public documentation of the software’s functionality and features, as well as internal documentation around processes and applied technology.
- Identify opportunities for test automation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in writing / reviewing test cases and manual test execution.
- Experience using Test Management Tools (for example Jira X-Ray) including reporting of defects.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and test in an exploratory manner.
- Desire and ability to learn, understand and explain CartonCloud as a product.
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivation with an agile mindset (Jira, Sprints, Scrums).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage changing priorities.
- Bonus Points: Experience working with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium and Cucumber.
You have a meticulous approach to work with strong analytical and time-management skills. You also possess the ability to work independently under minimal supervision effectively. You will need to take ownership, accountability and initiative to be successful in the role.
Most of all though, we are looking for someone who is driven, adaptable and willing to learn. We ask that you enjoy your work, add value and, just as importantly, stay humble.
Our whole team is currently working remotely and consequently, all of our hiring is also taking place remotely (interviews via video calls etc.) for the time being.
The other stuff
It’s a permanent position working on a complex software engineering project, with a competitive salary based on experience.
We will support your desire for continual learning and training to help you flourish. We are always open to new ideas, processes and technologies and value everybody’s input. Moreover, we have been growing rapidly over the last few years and have no intention of slowing down, so there will be loads of opportunities, both domestically and internationally.
This is a role which can either be performed remotely (with regular on-site catch-ups with the rest of the team) or at our Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia head office.
Note: Due to Covid-19 our whole team is currently working remotely with our office closed.
Don't suit our currently advertised roles?
Get in contact with us, let us know what you do, what you want to do, and why you think you'd be great here.
We're always on the lookout for great people to join our team regardless of their experience.